Epic Birgerbird Burger!
Hi guys, I’ve been working on the perfect burger for weeks and I think I came up with it. It’s very messy to eat and you won’t be hungry for days, but give it a try! Also, you can vote for my burger on Food52, which is a fantastic foodie website for home cooks and aspiring food stylists and gourmets! The voting doesn’t actually start until next week, but if you view and comment on the recipe, your visit generates activity which may be used to determine which recipes make the cut to be voted on!
- 1 pound ground dry aged, grass fed beef
- 1 teaspoon black truffle salt
- 4 slices bacon from pastured pork
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 duck eggs
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- handful dill pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 brioche hamburger buns, buttered (1 Tbps butter) and toasted
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- Form 2 1/2 inch thick patties with beef, using a light touch. Make a small dimple in the center of the patties. Sprinkle with truffle salt on both sides.
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet until medium crisp. Remove bacon and reserve 2 Tbsp. bacon drippings. Heat bacon drippings over high heat.
- Cook patties over high heat, not moving, for 2 minutes. Flip and cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes, without moving or smashing down with a spatula. Leave in pan, off heat, covered, while you fry duck eggs.
- Over high heat, fry duck eggs in 2 Tbps butter.
- Assemble burgers: On bottom of bun place a handful of pickles. Place patty on top of pickles, followed by bacon, avocado, fried egg and tomato. Place top bun on top and dig in!